2020 “Quilt with a Cause” Sweepstakes Official Rules
NO PURCHASE OR DONATION NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PRODUCT PURCHASE OR DONATION WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Offered at participating Vera Bradley Stores, Vera Bradley Factory Outlet Stores, Vera Bradley Annual Outlet Sale, verabradley.com and verabradley.org (“Location”) to residents of the 50 U.S. (“U.S.”) who are 18 years of age or older at time of entry. Employees, officers and directors of Vera Bradley Foundation for Breast Cancer (“Sponsor”), Vera Bradley Sales, LLC, and its parent, subsidiaries and affiliated companies, distributors, contractors, and agents and those individuals/entities engaged in the development of, the production or distribution of materials for, or the implementation of this Promotion (collectively referred to herein as the “Promotion Entities”) and quilt makers, and their immediate family members (spouse, siblings, children and parents including step-relations) and those living in the same household as such individuals (whether or not related) are not eligible to enter. Void where prohibited.
2. PROMOTION PERIOD: The Promotion starts at 12:00 AM (ET online) on February 20, 2020 and ends at 11:59 PM (ET online) on June 1, 2020 (“Promotion Period”).
3. HOW TO ENTER/DRAWING: There are two ways to enter. During the Promotion Period, (i) visit a participating Location, and for every donation of $5 or more made to the Vera Bradley Foundation for Breast Cancer, receive one (1) Entry into the sweepstakes. 100% of all donations go to the Vera Bradley Foundation for Breast Cancer (for details go to www.verabradley.org). You may make as many donations as you wish, however, limit one (1) entry per donation. Or, to enter without a donation, (ii) legibly complete the official entry form at the participating Location, while supplies last; complete the official entry form online at verabradley.org; or legibly handwrite on a piece of paper your name, address, age and contact telephone number and mail it in a U.S. first-class stamped, addressed envelope to: Vera Bradley Foundation for Breast Cancer, 2020 Quilt with a Cause Sweepstakes Entry, 12420 Stonebridge Rd., Roanoke, IN 46783. Mail-in entries must be postmarked by June 1, 2020 and received by June 7, 2020. You may enter as many times as you wish, however, limit one (1) entry per outer mailing envelope. For tax information relating to the donation, please consult your tax advisor.
Limit one (1) prize per entrant/household. A random drawing from all eligible Entries received during the Promotion Period will be held by the Vera Bradley Foundation for Breast Cancer (or its authorized representative) on or about June 7, 2020 to select one (1) potential winner. Potential winner need not be present to win. Entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Promotion Entities are not responsible for Entries that are lost, late, damaged, altered, destroyed, forged, tampered with, mutilated, incomprehensible, misdirected, illegible, incomplete, stolen or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules. Proof of entry/mailing is not proof of its receipt by Sponsor, or eligibility for the Promotion. Entrants may not enter with multiple identities, or street addresses, nor may entrants use any other device or artifice to enter multiple times, and any Entrant who is suspected of cheating, fraud, using illegitimate entry methods, through a sweepstakes club or organization, or uses any other device or artifice to enter will be disqualified. Sponsor reserves the right, at its reasonable discretion, to refuse, disqualify, or withdraw any Entry and/or entrants at any time during or after the Promotion Period. These Official Rules shall control and serve to clarify any confusion, discrepancy, error or mistake communicated in any and all information, announcements, or notifications pertaining to the Promotion.
4. PRIZE(S)/ODDS OF WINNING: One (1) one-of-a-kind, hand-pieced and machine-quilted exclusive quilt (“Prize”). Prize has intrinsic promotional value only, and an approximate retail value “ARV” cannot be assessed. Prize is selected by Sponsor in its absolute discretion. Only the prize elements stated are included as part of the prize. Prize, or any element thereof, may not be sold, auctioned, bartered, assigned, exchanged, commercially transferred or donated, or otherwise placed into unauthorized commercial channels of distribution. No transfer, assignment or substitution of prize (in whole or in part), except that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Prize has no cash value and is not redeemable for cash. Any difference between the ARV and actual value will not be awarded as cash or otherwise. All federal, state and local taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of the winner. Any prize pictured in advertising or promotional materials is for illustrative purposes only and may not be the actual prize, pattern and/or style awarded. Gift cards, if applicable, are subject to the terms and conditions of issuer. All prizes will be awarded assuming sufficient eligible Entries are received. Prize to be shipped to the address provided by winner (at Sponsor’s cost and expense) approximately two to four (2-4) weeks from winner notification.
Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible Entries received by the Sponsor during the Promotion Period. All prize awards are subject to eligibility and verification of winner(s) and compliance with these Official Rules. Limit one (1) prize per person. Potential prize winner will be notified by telephone, email and/or mail (at Sponsor’s sole discretion) within approximately 2 - 3 weeks of the drawing and may be required to complete, have notarized and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability and, where legal, Publicity Release within five (5) business days of notification. In no event will the Promotion Entities be responsible for awarding more than the stated number of prizes.
5. GENERAL: By participating, entrants agree to abide by and be bound to these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor (and its authorized representatives) which are final and binding in all respects. Non-compliance, failure to timely return or properly complete any requested release documents, or if a potential winner is found to be ineligible or does not comply with these Official Rules, will result in prize forfeiture, and an alternate potential winner will be randomly selected. After two (2) unsuccessful attempts to verify an alternate winner for a particular prize, the respective prize will remain un-awarded. Prize or prize notifications that are un-awarded, unclaimed, returned, unresponsive, untimely, or otherwise undeliverable will be forfeited and will not be re-awarded. BY PARTICIPATING, PARTICIPANTS AGREE TO RELEASE, DISCHARGE AND HOLD HARMLESS THE PROMOTION ENTITIES, THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENTS, AFFILIATES AND SUBSIDIARIES, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTION AGENCIES, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, INDEPENDENT CONTRACTORS, SALESPEOPLE, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL ALLEGED AND/OR ACTUAL CLAIMS, ACTIONS, DEMANDS, LOSSES, SETTLEMENTS (WHETHER OR NOT LITIGATION IS COMMENCED), LIABILITIES AND DAMAGES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER EXISTING NOW OR ARISING IN THE FUTURE (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, BODILY INJURY, PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, DISABILITY AND PROPERTY DAMAGE), COSTS AND EXPENSES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, REASONABLE ATTORNEYS’ FEES, COURT COSTS, SETTLEMENT AND DISBURSEMENTS) DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY ARISING OUT OF THE DELIVERY, ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE OR MISUSE OF A PRIZE, PARTICIPATION IN ANY PRIZE RELATED ACTIVITY, AND/OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS PROMOTION. Participants covenant not to sue any released party or cause them to be sued regarding any matter released above; and further covenant not to disaffirm, limit or rescind this release. By entering and/or accepting a prize, participants and winner hereby, where lawful, irrevocably consent (and agree to provide said consent in writing if requested) to the use by Vera Bradley Foundation for Breast Cancer and Vera Bradley Sales, LLC (and its affiliates and their authorized representatives) of their name, image, photographs, videotape, likeness, hometown name, biographical information, and voice for publicity, trade, advertising and promotional purposes in all media now known or hereafter developed worldwide, and on the Internet and World Wide Web, without additional compensation, and without the right of review, notification or approval.
6. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Promotion Entities assume no responsibility for any unauthorized human intervention, human error, or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of Entry or other information; nor for the failure to capture any such information. If, for any reason, the Promotion, in whole or in part, is not capable of running as planned or by reason of causes which Sponsor deems, in its sole opinion, could corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion or any part thereof, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion and select the winner(s) at random from Entries received prior to the action or as otherwise may be deemed fair and equitable by Sponsor. Promotion Entities shall not be liable to winner(s) or any other person for failure to execute the Promotion or any part thereof, or supply a prize in whole or in part, by reason of any act of God, any action(s), regulation(s) order(s) or request(s) by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not the action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) prove(s) to be invalid), equipment failure, terrorist acts, cyberattacks, earthquake, war, fire, flood, explosion, unusually severe weather, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal), labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, or any similar or dissimilar event beyond their reasonable control. THIS PROMOTION IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES AND THE STATE OF INDIANA WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Promotion, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a neutral, one (1) person arbitration panel located in Fort Wayne, Indiana.
7. WINNERS LIST: For the name of the prize winner, contact Sponsor by mailing a request and a self-addressed, U.S. postage paid envelope to: The Vera Bradley Foundation for Breast Cancer, Quilt with a Cause Sweepstakes, 2020 Winners List, 12420 Stonebridge Road, Roanoke, IN 46783, for receipt by five (5) working days following the Promotion. Limit one (1) request per person or per household.